Siyabhabha Strategy: Towards Integrated DevelopmentThroughout all of our programmes we aim to;
- use our development activities as sources of innovation, demonstration and learning;
- develop and promote best practice and exchange in each of our programme areas for poverty alleviation and self-reliance;
- facilitate funding and space for local initiatives to flourish;
- influence decision makers to develop pro-poor policies;
- work in partnership with organisations committed to the eradication of poverty and achieving equality for all
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)The 17 Sustainable Development Goals and 169 targets demonstrate the scale and ambition of this new universal Agenda. They seek to build on the Millennium Development Goals and complete what these did not achieve. They seek to realize the human rights of all and to achieve gender equality and the empowerment of all women and girls. They are integrated and indivisible and balance the three dimensions of sustainable development: the economic, social and environmental.
The Goals and targets will stimulate action over the next fifteen years in areas of critical importance for humanity and the planet.
Siyabhabha Trust programmes support the following 4 Sustainable Development Goals:
- Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Goal 2: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition, and promote sustainable agriculture
- Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all
- Goal 17: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development