VISIONCommunities where all people work together towards mobilizing and using resources for effective socio-economic development.
AIMTo reduce poverty through skills development and the creation of a range of income generation support strategies in rural and urban areas.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES /RATIONALEIn a consultation carried out by ST in 2009 our stakeholders emphasised the absolute and fundamental necessity to protect human dignity by creating new opportunities for the poor, developing a climate of economic justice and a common conscience of responsibility for wealth and knowledge sharing. Guided by these recommendations, ST will develop an inclusive and collaborative socio-economic programme to address systemic inequalities that entrench poverty, unemployment and exclusion. We will promote gender equality, empower women, and develop and implement strategies for productive work for vulnerable groups.
Sustainable Development Goals
- Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment, and decent work for all
- Goal 12: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- To develop innovative, economic initiatives with the support of local, national and international networks to unlock communities' economic and social potential
- To strengthen access to resources and economic knowledge to facilitate a range of employment opportunities.
- To encourage a culture of entrepreneurship and self-reliance
- Creation of a directory of resources & production outlets
- Microfinance - training and access
- Transport strategy - developing mobility and access to producers and markets
- Market Access - identifying local opportunities for producers and consumers
- Economic and technical training – enhancing existing skills and encouraging innovation
- Promotion of human & economic rights & responsibilities
- Dioceses of Pretoria, Eshowe, Mthatha and Bethlehem
- Partners: Diocesan Development Coordinators and Diocesan Networks
- Beneficiaries: Women, youth,communities' members and local networks